I have had the privilege of serving as a pastor at Star of Bethlehem since 1983.
There have been many reasons to give thanks to the Lord for his blessings over the years.
One highlight would be the dedication of our new worship facility in 2004.
My wife, Wendy, and I have 6 children and now 14 grandchildren. Our children all went through Star of Bethlehem’s Lutheran Elementary School and Wisconsin Lutheran High School. Wendy is the Principal’s Administrative Assistant at Wisconsin Lutheran High School. I enjoy family, fishing, coaching men’s sports programs, grilling, our Seniors Group, and our Star of Bethlehem family.
Education and Experience
- I attended Northwestern Preparatory School in Watertown, WI for high school.
- I graduated from Northwestern College in Watertown, WI in 1974.
- I attended and graduated from the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary in 1978, where my father served as a professor.
- Prior to coming to Star of Bethlehem, I served for 5 years as the pastor of King of Kings Lutheran Church, a mission congregation in Little Rock, AR.
In the 7th and 8th Grade Confirmation Classes, we use a 2-year series entitled, Confirmed in the Faith. We use the Bible a great deal, Luther’s Small Catechism, and train our students to listen to sermons on the weekends.
Other Areas of Service in the Church and School
- I have served as a Circuit Pastor, Metro-North Conference Chairman, Spiritual Growth Advisor of the National Board of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society, twice a member of the Board of Directors at Wisconsin Lutheran High School, Wisconsin Lutheran High School Foundation Board, the High School’s Nominating Committee, Southeastern Wisconsin District Nominating Committee, a Vice-President of the Northwestern College Alumni Society and a member of the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Alumni Society.
- I have served as the League Director for the Star Men’s Basketball League, which consists of our own men’s basketball team and other teams from our area WELS churches.
- I have also continued to coach our men’s softball team, which participates in a recreational league that is run by the New Berlin Parks and Recreation Department on Tuesday nights during the summer.