It is a joy to serve God’s people here at Star of Bethlehem with the Means of Grace! I have been blessed by the Lord with this opportunity since 1998. It is a special privilege for me to work with the young people of the congregation, from preschool to grade school to high school and beyond.
I am a third generation pastor. My wife, Stephanie, and I, have been happily married since 1989. We
have blessed with three children; Joshua, Caleb, and Marah. I enjoy staying active by running and
cycling, and am beginning to add in some swimming, with the goal of doing an Ironman in 2014.
Education and Experience
- My training to become a pastor began at Arizona Lutheran Academy, Phoenix.
- Following high school, I attended Northwestern College in Watertown, WI, from 1982-1986.
- After graduating from NWC, my training continued at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, Mequon, WI.
- Following graduation from the Seminary (1990), I was called to serve as pastor of two
congregations in western Minnesota.
- I have served as associate pastor at Star of Bethlehem Lutheran Church since 1998.
In the 7th and 8th Grade Confirmation Classes, we use a 2-year series entitled, Confirmed in the Faith.
We use the Bible a great deal, Luther’s Small Catechism, and train our students to listen to sermons on
In the Sunday morning Teen Bible Study, we incorporate topical study of the Scriptures to help our young
people to be grounded in the truth of God’s Word. During the 2012-13 school year we are looking at the
differences between different Christian churches, as well as the differences between Christianity and
other world religions.
Other Areas of Service in the Church and School
- I coach the runners of Star of Bethlehem’s grade school Cross Country team.
- I also serve as the Administrator/Treasurer for the Star Bowling League.
- I accompany the Praise Band on bass guitar.