It is an absolute privilege to serve here at Star of Bethlehem and assist parents with the Christian upbringing of their children. I, only through the help of our Lord, will strive to continually raise the bar of excellence in Christian education that we offer and serve families to the fullest of my abilities. If you have absolutely any questions, comments, or concerns, my office door, phone line (personal cell phone number is 608-567-9909), and inbox are always open to you.
I grew up in a Pastor’s family in Waupun, WI and Medford, WI with two brothers and two sisters. I attended college at UW-Milwaukee and graduated with degrees in Business Administration, Marketing, and Finance. I then continued my education at Martin Luther College where I received my bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and master’s degree in Educational Leadership. From MLC, I received my first call to serve St. John’s Lutheran Church and School in Sparta, WI as their principal. While there, I met my wife Megan, and we had our first child, Timothy III. After 6 years of ministry in Sparta, my family joins the family here at Star of Bethlehem. Our second son, William, was born during our first year here. We reside in Muskego and simply love the life that our Lord has given to us.
I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my family, golfing, fishing, hunting, playing all sports, staying active, and working on my never-ending “honey-do list”.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing and Finance from UW-Milwaukee
- Bachelor of Science in Education from Martin Luther College, New Ulm, MN
- Master of Science in Education from Martin Luther College, New Ulm, MN
- Wisconsin and Minnesota state teaching licenses
- Principal and Teacher at St. John’s Lutheran School, Sparta, WI
- Principal and Teacher at Star of Bethlehem Lutheran School, New Berlin, WI
I am privileged to teach the upper grade Word of God lessons. During these lessons, we apply the Bible lessons to the lives of the students. We talk about topics and issues that the students face in the world around us, find out what our Lord says that applies to them, and discuss together how we can make decisions in this world, that although may be tough, show our thanks to our Lord for all that he has done for us.
I also have the privilege to teach my second favorite subject (after Word of God) and that is upper grade math. In the 8th grade math curriculum, and the advanced placement Algebra 1, we lay an important foundation for the advanced math classes to come in high school. The students learn how to apply the mathematical knowledge that they have gained throughout their grade school years, and apply to more irrational and abstract computations and problems.
God’s love permeates throughout the entire upper grade curriculum. His love motivates all that we do. As I strive to have the students use all of their abilities to their fullest, trust and responsibility are stressed as the students grow to make decisions on their own, and demonstrate an ever growing amount of responsibility as they transition to high school.
Other Areas of Service in the Church and School
- Member of the Church Council and Board of Education.
- Advisor to the Technology Committee, Finance Committee, Board of Trustees, Home and School Association, and Evangelism Committee.
- Webmaster of www.starofbethlehem.org
- Member of Wisconsin Lutheran State Teachers’ Conference Program Committee
- Member of Metro Conference Teachers’ Conference Program Committee
- Member of Task Force on Lutheran Schools
- Vice-Chairman of the Metro Area Principals' Conference