Hello! My name is Sara Butler. I am serving as a preschool teacher in our five day a week 4K preschool program. I am blessed to direct the Jubilation choir, a junior choir for students in Grade 3-8. I also coordinate the mission offering projects for the school year. A few years ago my family and I moved to Wisconsin from Virginia. We are happy to be a part of the church and school here at Star of Bethlehem. Serving our Savior, sharing his Love, teaching, encouraging and strengthening God’s people from little to big with His Word is very near and dear to me.
I was born in Appleton and lived in Beaver Dam for 8 years and Cudahy for 10 years where my dad served as a pastor. I am married to Pastor Heath Butler. He currently teaches religion classes and coaches boys and girls soccer at Wisconsin Lutheran High School. We are blessed with four girls. The two oldest are twins who attend college. The next is in high school and our youngest is in grade school. As a family we enjoy music, getting outdoors to hike, hanging out on the beach, and exploring new places. We also have a passion for the game of soccer.
Education and Experience
- Graduated from…
1993 Wisconsin Lutheran High School
1997 Martin Luther College
- Upon graduation from Martin Luther College I was assigned to teach Kindergarten – 4th grade at Trinity Lutheran School in Aberdeen, SD. There I taught for three years and served as a principal for one of those years.
- My husband Heath and I were married in June 2000. We moved to Lake Cypress Springs, TX where my husband served as a pastor at Grace Lutheran Church.
- In 2003 we moved to Manassas, VA where we lived for 15 years and served at Bethlehem Lutheran Church. In all those years I worked as a substitute teacher at our WELS grade school in Falls Church, VA. At our church I developed and taught a program for 203 year olds and their caregivers called "Toddler Time with Jesus." In 2013 our church opened Little Stars of Bethlehem Early Learning Center. There I served as a 4 year old PreK classroom assistant and teacher.
- Music is a passion of mine! I love to play organ and piano and have quite enjoyed coordinating music for services at all three of my past churches. I have directed adult, youth and hand chime choirs. I also served as the Women’s Ministry coordinator at our last church where I led ladies Bible studies once a month, and coordinated our Advent by Candlelight programs and area WELS women’s retreats.
- In 2018 we moved to this area of Wisconsin. My husband accepted a call to teach religion courses at Wisconsin Lutheran High School. In my first year at Star I served as the first grade teachers aid. In August 2019 I taught in 3K and 4K preschool. In 2020 I began teaching the five day 4K preschool program. I am currently enrolled in the Early Childhood Educator's Series at Martin Luther College and am coninuing my education by working toward an Early Childhood Associate credential.