Hello! My name is Sara Butler. I am serving as a preschool teacher in our 3K and 4K classes. A year ago my family and I moved to Wisconsin from Virginia. We are happy to be a part of the church and school here at Star of Bethlehem. Serving our Savior, sharing his Love, teaching, encouraging and strengthening God’s people from little to big with His Word is very near and dear to me.
I was born in Appleton and lived in Beaver Dam for 8 years and Cudahy for 10 years where my dad served as a pastor. I am married to Pastor Heath Butler. He currently teaches religion classes and coaches boys and girls soccer at Wisconsin Lutheran High School. We are blessed with four girls. The two oldest are 18 year old twins and Seniors in high school. The next is a Freshman in high school and our youngest is in 4th grade. As a family we enjoy music, getting outdoors to hike, hanging out on the beach, and exploring new places. We also have a passion for the game of soccer.
Education and Experience
- Graduated from…
1993 Wisconsin Lutheran High School
1997 Martin Luther College
- Upon graduation from Martin Luther College I was assigned to teach Kindergarten – 4th grade at Trinity Lutheran School in Aberdeen, SD. There I taught for three years and served as a principal for one of those years.
- My husband Heath and I were married in June 2000. After serving as a Tutor at MLC for two years Heath was reassigned that same summer to serve at Grace Lutheran Church in Lake Cypress Springs, TX.
- In 2003 Heath accepted a call to Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Manassas, VA where we lived for 15 years. In all those years I served as a substitute teacher at our WELS grade school in Falls Church, VA. At our church I developed and taught a program for 2-3 year olds and their caregivers called “Toddler Time with Jesus.” In 2013 our church opened Little Stars of Bethlehem Early Learning Center. There I served as a 4 year old PreK classroom assistant and taught a PreK class for one year.
- Music is a passion of mine! I love to play organ and piano and have quite enjoyed coordinating music for services at all three of my past churches. I have directed adult, youth and hand chime choirs. I also served as the Women’s Ministry coordinator at our last church where I led ladies Bible studies once a month, and coordinated our Advent by Candlelight programs and area WELS women’s retreats.
- In February 2018 my husband accepted a call to teach at Wisconsin Lutheran High School. We moved here to the area that June. In my first year at Star I served as the first grade teachers aid. In August 2019 I began teaching 3K and 4K preschool.